Friday, October 31, 2014

My Friend is Shining HIS Light on Halloween Night with a Graveyard of Resurrection Life!

My dear friend Chris and her family --we live on the same street -- are radiantly, joyfully, shining the light of Christ this Halloween Night! Their front yard been transformed into a graveyard of resurrection life! I've never seen anything like it! It's awesome! Check it out!

No, look closer! We'll start with the little group on the left....


Look closely at the words on the tombstones:
"Reah Deemed
1901 - 1982
Her Works Were Great, But It Was God's Grace That Saved Her"

Yep. And the next one:
"Bjorna Gain
Born: 1956
Reborn: 1975
Died:2012" 

And the next:
"1943-2004
Ima Newman
Transformed by the love of God 
Now With Him For Eternity"

You get the picture...pardon the pun! All this boldness to shine the light of Christ on a day/night that is celebrated with death, horror, terror, evil deeds and darkness...is actually very clever and hilarious. And, it makes me think about Scripture passages that go along with what Chris and her family are doing. Like, Matthew 10:33-34: "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns Me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven."
"



"1950-1999
Neda Lott-Moore
She always got what she 
wanted until now!"

"1927-1988
Nacho Stuff
Beloved thief and father"

"1920-2011
Fibber White
He told a few little lies
but the truth is 
we miss him"

And of course, with Resurrection Life,  there is the empty tomb!

"Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6"  

Jesus is not in any tomb because He has risen from the dead and sits at the right hand of His Father in heaven. Jesus said, "the thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy; I HAVE COME THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE LIFE, AND HAVE IT IN ABUNDANCE" (John 10:10).

So the big question for every one of us is:

God is all about light and life. "For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light." 
Psalm 36:9

"Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt His Name together! " Psalm 34:3

Polly :)