And how do I back up my statement? Well, with Scripture, of course! I'll just briefly share a couple of places where his fiery darts fizzled out every time Scripture was hurled back at his taunts.
Look at the passages of Scripture in Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13. Both passages describe The Temptation of Jesus. The enemy (devil) was in his usual state as our "adversary prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8). That's how the devil rolls and Jesus was fully aware of his evil schemes. Each time the enemy fired death-threat darts at Jesus, Jesus confidently lobbed Scripture bombs back saying, "It is written...." and then quoted specific verses. (Check it out for yourself! It's true!)
Yep. And the outcome of that particular episode of spiritual warfare? Jesus quoted one last verse to end it: "For it is written, 'You shall love the Lord your God and serve Him only.'" Then the devil left him and behold, angels came and were ministering to Him" (Matthew 4:10-11).
Wow. Jesus spoke Bible verses and the devil left. Turned away. Scripture repelled him. Hmmm. Amazing. No, it isn't. It is truth! God teaches us this spiritual battle strategy! Again, just a few examples God put in our spiritual arsenal:
- "Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).
- "...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to that mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" (Matthew 17:20).
- "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).
- "Put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand"(Ephesians 6:11).
- "Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" (Ephesians 6:17) and proclaim His Word, "it is written....". And expect to overcome evil with good!
- "In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one" (Ephesians 6:16).
There it is. Truth. God has given us a shield of faith to snuff out the enemy's flaming attacks.
The reason our spiritual armor of God does not have protection for our backs means we are to "fight(not flight) the good fight of faith" with our powerful swords! Let's take our swords out of their sheaths, Sisters, by opening up our Bibles! That's our shield of faith: the Word of God! Let's do this, together!
One more thing, Ladies, are you planning to come Friday for Morning Glory Chasers? We invite you to rise and shine with us!
for HIS GLORY.